How it works
3rd September 2018
Brands, merchants and individuals are invited to enter any of the relevant categories through a quick online form. Companies and individuals will be able to submit an entry for themselves, or use this unique platform to recognise other companies and individuals that they believe to be award-worthy.
23rd January 2019
Subject to meeting the necessary criteria, every single entry and nomination will proceed to the ‘decision-making’ stage: the groundbreaking industry vote.
4th February 2019
Professionals from across the builders’ merchants sector will be invited to make their voices heard through a secure online vote. Merchants are invited to vote for the brands that have boosted their business, while manufacturers are encouraged to show their support for the merchants that stand out from the crowd.
22nd March 2019
All votes will be independently verified to ensure Terms & Conditions* have been adhered to. A shortlist in each category will then be announced.
1st April 2019
A shortlist in each category will be announced via the BMJ Industry Awards website on Monday 1 April 2019.
17th May 2019
The brands, merchants and individuals that have attracted the highest number of votes in each category will be revealed as a BMJ Industry Award winner at the awards luncheon, taking place in London in May 2019.
*Terms & Conditions of Voting
- Only members of the industry may take part – consumer nominations and votes will not be counted.
- Only one vote is allowed per person, per category.
- Multiple votes from one person (or excessive votes (30+) from one company) will be discounted.
- All voting categories should be completed where possible.
- Participants are not permitted to vote for themselves.
- Participants are not permitted to complete voting forms on behalf of a client.
- Participants are not permitted to offer incentives to encourage votes.
- All contact details must be completed to validate your vote.
- The organisers reserve the right to exclude any organisation without prior notice or explanation.